Sunday, February 8, 2009

Chemotherapy

So, you're laying in bed always thinking those thoughts that you wish would go away...and then the next thing you know, you wake up! Amazing. I've always found sleep to be a weird thing. Well, I'm trying to get a goods nights rest, and man....I'm still trying to figure out how to do this. The hospital jacked up my body. Ugh. Oh well.

Chemotherapy starts on the 20th? Oh, whatever the friday is in two weeks from now. My stomach has healed up nicely but I'm pretty tired of my body feeling cruddy.

Ryan took me to this thing at his school where christian men get together and invite girls from the surronding colleges, the Mines girls, and significant others... The guys go pick up the girls, serve them dinner, put on skits for them, and then have a dance after everything. They did a really good job. I had a lot fun. The theme of the night was Phantom of the Opera. Ever seen that movie? (the new one) I love it... Well, the skits were really good and we had fun.

On the other hand- I am not excited for chemotherapy and I'm tired. So! There is the update, I'll be sure to post something really soon.

Lots of Love.

5 comments:

Hope said...

Thanks for the update! I knew this morning that the chemo was starting soon! I hope it goes better this time and doesn't last as long! I'm glad you and Ryan had fun! Sounds like a really fun time. Sorry to hear your so tired! I'm glad the tummy is healing good! I hope school and work go good for you too. Keep being positive and I know that it is hard, but it will make things a bit easier!
God loves you and will carry you through!!
Love you!!

Hope said...

I must scare everyone away! Sorry no one wants to write! I feel bad nobody wants to write.
Jo needs to hear from us, please somebody write! I'm really not scary!!

I love you, Jo!!

Anonymous said...

It's amazing to see that there have been almost 5,000 of us hitting on your site to see how you are. Don't get discouraged if you don't hear from all of us - we do love you and continue to hold you in our prayers. Sometimes we just don't know what to say. We are not a good with expressing our feelings as you are.
Hang in there, Kiddo! We are here supporting you in prayer all the way!
Love,
Bonnie

Kathy said...

I wish there were more comments too, it not only lifts Jo up but everyone else who is on this journey with her.
Jo you are a remarkable young lady and I love you so much. I know, without a doubt, you will get through this with sensitivity that is needed to by an outstanding counselor.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo - I think sleep is weird too! I do talk to Christ while lying in bed and before I know it I am awake and think, I didn't finish my conversation! Your outing with Ryan sounds like fun. Training him for the future?? :) I will be praying for you as you start chemo in a couple of weeks. Stay strong and I totally agree with your mother! You are a remarkable young woman. Love you, Terri