Your body is not a trash can. God did not intend on your body digesting trash and having it magically disappear.
Nobody told me that life after cancer is going to be incredibly hard. It won't be as painful and devastating, but it will be a struggle to fight for mental stability and fight for a normal body. Body image pressures have always been present in most people's lives. The pressures have been there in the media, with friends, and every time you glance at a piece of chocolate. I used to be in great shape. It's a bummer that I didn't realize it until I went through a year of starvation, muscle depletion, vomiting, and chaos. Chemo ate more than just the cancer.
Never-the-less, our society is inundated with sugars, saturated fats, complex carbs, and years of saying "just go ahead and eat whatever you crave." We scoff at people who pick up a cigarette, saying that will give you cancer, but rarely do we give it a thought when we start eating cakes, Big Macs, and a the largest fountain soda ever known to man kind from 7-11.
Did you know what feeds cancer? Not only that, it also feeds: diabetes, high-blood pressure, cardiac arrest from fat developing around the heart, and many more diseases. That answer would be mainly sugar.(with the help of other things but mainly sugar.) When you ingest sugar, it goes straight to the cancer. Cancer bathes in heavenly bliss when you take it in. Once you lose weight, your cells will always be prepared to take back in the fat in a heartbeat. Sugar is also just addicting as some drugs are.
Now, I have found it the hardest battle of all to try and resist the stuff because it tastes so good. Though I am trying and slowly trying to get rid of it. Many days I still have some chocolate chips. The biggest battle, though, is being content and happy with who I have become. To know that I am beautiful, happy, and a strong woman can be tough to remember on some days. Spiritual warfare is just too hard to keep up against sometimes! God wants us to take care of our bodies because they are his temples. Not only does that mean to take care of your mental and spiritual state, but I believe it means to take care of your physical state as well.
So, I choose to eat healthy. So that I can happy and not feel heavy, or weighted down, with man made grease. Just as long as I take care of my body in a healthy way, then the stupid stereotypes should not matter. Who is a size 0 anyway?
Hoping that everything is well!

No comments:
Post a Comment