I can create no better title than that. (or maybe I'm just lacking in the creativity department...)
So much pain, anger, and hate in this world. Sometimes we Christians live in a bubble. We deal within our own lives and even that gets warped. Just this weekend we had a situation where I was appalled at how some people live. Why do we choose hate and rage over love? Is it too hard for us to love? Are our bodies to emotionally complex to understand forgiveness, patience, and reasoning?
Too many times do we complain and intentionally try to bring each other down. Too many times do we often slander someone's name. Do you complain more than try and make normal conversation?
My family knows what I complain about most: my job. I often struggle to find fulfillment in what I do. Specially now, it just seems like one thing after another is going wrong. (I'm not going to go there...) However, after this weekend I have realized that it is not cheesy to say, "the world needs more love" because it really does. It is so immoral, so parched for sincerity, that strangers are bewildered when you help them pick up something they dropped. We think about hiding in the shadows when a stranger is screaming for help. We look the other way when we walk by the homeless shelter, and look down in embarrassment when a drunk stumbles around on the streets. Others are more likely to hurt you rather than help you. It's heart wrenching. Could you imagine loving such a broken world like God does?
Sure, nobody is perfect. I have been in a bad mood for the past few days and would rather beat the crap out of an object than to be loving. We all have those days, or in my case going onto the 3rd day, but we can always come back to understanding what we need to do. You, as of all humanity, should have a conscientious and that should hold you to do the right thing. We all know the difference between what is right and what is wrong. You do know. I know, even if I turn a blind eye for a moment or two. Luckily I'm the child of the God who can forgive.
On the other side of things!!! I feel pressed into my book but have found no time to complete it. It's been rather hard and feel pulled into many directions. Though, I really do want to finish it. Pray that I will be allowed to complete it!! Thanks!
Hope I'm finding you well wherever you are!
No comments:
Post a Comment