Alright, what to write on? Now that the blog is back on... I have terrible writer's block at the moment. It usually happens when I'm stressed and not thriving in a way that I want to. My words are not fitting into their usual pattern: flowing naturally and making sense! So a few of these may just be a struggle. Anyway...
Well, I can tell you this. I have just learned a big lesson in marriage. (and to all other relationships...) It all comes down to encouragement.
It is so exhausting to our spirits when we are constantly speaking negativity. Gossiping about those we love blackens our minds. We try to demand and shape others around us to "fit our own mold." Why would you rather keep trying to push people's buttons and incessantly nagging our partners about tiny things?
It goes for all relationships. Instead of complaining about something, can you encourage them to change?
Have you stopped and actually said that you appreciate them making the dinner, keeping the house clean, being creative, and trying to not allow silly things bother you? I would encourage to start looking for the good and making an effort to vocalize that appreciation for their gifts.
I tried it for a month, completed a challenge, and saw some awesome changes. Ryan and I do not really fight that often and when we do it's over in a few... However, encouraging each other rather than complaining and nagging seems to build the relationship stronger than ever before. It helps completes that emotional bond. I think we often forget to vocalize what we appreciate or tell each other how proud we are of the others accomplishments. The people around you are there to build up and encourage. Stop taking them down and start building them up and you'll probably start building yourself up as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment