Woooo!
On June 11th, 2009 I walked into Rocky Mountain Cancer Center up in Longmont, CO for the last time. I had won the battle, fought the hard fight, and came out feeling like 1/2 of a person but none-the-less came out on the winning side. Tomorrow will mark my 2 year anniversary of being a cancer survivor. This day is a huge day. It's almost bigger than my birthday. It's like having a second birthday.
Had we discovered the cancer now, when I am 22, I am pretty sure I would be on my last leg and most likely headed quickly into death's grasp. God, being a loving and merciful father, allowed me to discover the cancer in the 3rd stage. He allowed me to fight, held up my head and heart, and gave me strength to go through horrendous experiences. So today and this weekend I celebrate my life and being with my family.
Tomorrow I stand as a survivor who has reached their 2nd anniversary and gives hope to all the rest who are in their battles. I do not have cancer. I stand extremely proud of myself. I went through surgeries, got my stomach pulled apart, my colon cut, blisters, hair loss, burned from radiation, skin torn away, stabbing pain all over my body, weakness, a loss of self, and much more. Somehow I still managed to graduate early with my Bachelors, marry my best friend, work, went on bike rides (dislocating shoulders in the process...), and worked hard to get my body back into gear after chemical induced depression.
A great thanks to my family...my Caregivers. Those who took me to chemotherapy, sent me presents, and were the prayer warriors on my journey. Thanks to those who heard me say over and over how I don't feel good and was sad, but loved me all the same and held me close. To the friends who have stuck with me through this journey, I cannot thank you enough. You stuck through the mood swings, saw me in crazy times, and yet still were patient and understood. You waited through it all until I got back to my normal self.
So, thank you very much! I am extremely happy to get to the 2nd year. Each year marks another year farther from the experience! We are so blessed to have God at our side to help fight the darkest times.
Hope everything is going well with ya.

2 comments:
Hey girl! I just caught up on all your recent posts! Thank you so much for sharing your journey. I am so thankful and blessed to have you in my life. God is truely a good and merciful savior. Praise the Lord! You are such a strong, passionate, and kind woman and I think people can learn a lot from you and your story. Thank your for sharing your heart and mind! Love you!!!
Miss Stinky (or was I Miss something else?)
Jo, I am so thankful that God has given us even more time with His Princess! So proud of Him and your response to His grace! You are a tiger full of spunk for which I am sooo grateful. Continue loving the life He has given you!!!!
Post a Comment