Thursday, December 8, 2011

On the Matters of the Heart

It was minus 11 degrees outside this morning... Cloudy, windy, and really really cold. Phew! I do like winter but the cold hurts the skin just after a few seconds of being exposed. In honor of Christmas coming, I have been baking. A few days ago it was chocolate covered pretzels and chicken enchilada soup. Today it is dark cherry mouse.

Recently, my heart has been changing. It's a different world when anger subsidies and genuine forgiveness actually exists. Just the other day I found myself coming across the best sentence that I have read in awhile. "But opening my mouth and letting out angry speech has never once contributed to reconciliation." This is a statement that you can apply to every aspect in your life. Specially in marriage.

Today, try remembering that anger is the absence of love. Anger is lack of compassion, lack of love, and lessens forgiveness. Quickness to gossip, to anger, to hatred,and to screaming shows more of the heart rather than your mind.

It's hard to let go. May it's not to control every little thing, maybe it's letting people live their lives, maybe it's finally realizing that you can't change the minds of every individual that contradicts you. It's a happier life that's waiting for you.

No comments: