Monday, October 17, 2011

Being the Change

Gandhi said "Be the change you want to see in this world." In Christianity, we strive to be more like Christ.

As I look back into my past, pieces of it are still missing from my memory bank. However, it is clear as day that I was a completely different person. Of course everyone was different as a teenager, but for me it looks like a totally separate being. I wore different clothing, listened to crazy music, went through emotional roller coasters, depression, and went out of control in areas. Then it abruptly stopped. I re-dedicated my life to Christ and started trying to be a change in the world. Well, then Cancer came and a year or so afterward my eyes are finally being opened to what we call "Life."

My past does not define me. I am forever changing. A constant river trying to flow in a more natural and harmonious path. If I am the clay and my Maker is shaping me, then I am truly never finished until I meet Him. My whole frame can be re-shaped with his palm. I have asked for forgiveness, received it, and now am learning how to forgive myself. What defines me is what I do today. Choosing to treat others as if they were me, choosing to love rather than to be angry and abrasive, and to listen in order to learn about the other and their world. This is the path I am trying to be on. This is the change I want to be. Oh boy, it is so hard sometimes.

Living in the past is what a lot do. What could you do? What can you do, if you come into the present and choose to be the change you want to see in the world and living with Passion?

Now, I am no Gandhi. I still have many faults. For Pete's Sake! I am only still too human. I have got to tell you, however, that you have to try this. Like Christ has told us. Love unconditionally, forgive, allow yourself to be freely molded into something entirely new.

You have one life to live. Live free, feel blessed, and at least give it a shot because when the end of this life draws near you're going to be looking back. Don't have any regrets.


2 comments:

BBO said...

What an amazing young woman you are and what an amazing God we have to have imparted such wisdom. It is totally Him I hear in your words. Thank you for encouraging me in my walk. I needed to hear your words tonight. I love you and love the choices you have made! Keep it up - I am so proud of you!!!!
Bonnie

E Driver said...

Awesome! Good to hear these things and be reminded of our purpose here.