Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Process.

Below are two pictures that show the pump of O' Chemo! It shows what is in Wilson. (Remember? my fanny pack...) Also how it's connected to me! I'll post a picture soon of me just to show you all that I can walk around on my feet! I still have that pouch with me 2 days after each treatment of chemotherapy. I'm really anxious about getting everything over with. It's a drag. I'm overly tired of being tired and being in pain. However, the other day I stretched and did as many breathing exercises as I could and felt much better. I can't wait to hit the outdoors again for some major work outs!



This is how the pump is connected. A big needle stuck into a big piece of plastic under my skin...


So, this is me! With chemotherapy...5 FU. This was back in December of 08'. I carried around this pump and it was usually a much larger bag of chemo with me for 6 weeks. No breaks besides two days for Thanksgiving break! The purple sticker on the bag says "Caution, Cytotoxic Substance."

3 comments:

Hope said...

Thanks for the pics! I can see why you complain about it! I hope this tiredness goes away soon. I will be waiting to see more pics! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Hope to hear from you soon!

Love you!

Brian said...

You're a rockstar! Keep up the good work.

Kendra said...

Hi there! Im a colon cancer survivor also. I want to tell you to keep on blogging! It was so thereputic for me and also to keep others informed like family and those who stumbled on to my blog. Keep fighting hard! I hear you are down to two more treatments...this is where I just wanted to stop and I could tell my body wanted a break...my platelets dropped and then my wbc dropped but decreased the dosage on the last treatment...hang in there! And i know how you feel,Ive been there! Savor the moments and enjoy life! May God Bless!