So the 7th treatment is done. So, on the the 7th treatment: I got chemo Monday, didn't start feeling O.K. by Wednesday-ish... Friday I took a down turn and felt sick, by Sunday I did not feel good AT ALL. Monday and Tuesday I was sick with a GI track bug. Thursday, I FINALLY felt better! So what do I do? I go for a bike ride with mi papa! Exciting, I know. About .9 of a mile into the ride I crashed into a bridge that ran over a creek. I decided to launch m body to the right landing hard on concrete.... Leaving my shoulder behind. I torn up my knuckles pretty bad and dislocated my left shoulder and popped it back in myself. It hurt. I laid on the ground for awhile. Dad called mom. I went home and laid back down for some rest. All better now!
I had an allergic reaction to Oxaliplatin this time. :( They hammered some benadryl into me to help me breath. It worked but knocked me out. Oh well.
The 8th treatment is on June 9th. I do not want to do it. Nor am I excited about it. However, I will do it and probably cry when I'm all better and FINISHED!
Can you believe it? One more time in the chair and one more time with Wilson (the pack) and I'm all done!
If you don't keep up with me on Facebook and just check here....then we have had a new addition to the family. His name is Congo and he is 6 months old, rescued from the Humane Society here in Longmont. I'm thrilled to have a dog who loves to cuddle. He is extremely well mannered, listens (most of the time), and just lays at your feet when he is out of the kennel. His breed is a basenji. Small, stocky dogs, who are loveable yet just want their own time alone sometimes. Perfect. He is actually sleeping besides me right now. :)
I am currently looking for a job. It's time to get moving again. Please, if you know of any...let me know.
Mom and dad are moving to MN. I'm very happy that they stayed till the end of June. It has been nice having them take care of me. Erica, Brian, and Alex have already moved up there. They are on their way today, in fact. Which leaves me, here.
I know a lot of people read here and the next message is to my relatives and everyone up in MN: I would like to break a wedding tradition and have a wedding shower on the 4th of July weekend. Probably on the 5th. Erica and Aunt Bonnie are talking about this and seeing if they can pull it off. It may or may not happen. Also, we would like to celebrate me being done with treatments and beating cancer. So, we may roll those things into one celebration. Who knows. However, be aware that it may take place on that busy weekend. I would greatly appreciate to see all of you and to spend some time. Ryan will also be coming along to MN. :)
So there are the updates. I hope everyone is doing well. I finished my 7th treatment and it went much better than the last.
1 comment:
One more to go and then we can all jump for joy and say you did it, but not by yourself, but with God's help and we praise him for what he's done even though this wasn't much fun!
I hope to see you when your in MN!!
My bad news is that i'm probably not going to make it to the "BIG CELEBRATION". I'm going to be gone that weekend and my daughter leaves for camp on July 5th. If I can't see you this day we'll have to plan on a day when we can get together. I hear you'll be staying with Aunt Bonnie for a bit, and I'm not far from her:)
See you soon!!!
Love you
Post a Comment