And we are back on track!!!!
I'm out of surgery. Everything went well the surgeon said. It was a 2 hour long surgery, I had extra colon so it stretched, and everything including liver seemed to be cancer free.
I stayed in the hospital till Sunday and let me tell you, it was not the best experience of my life. That place is evil. Your determination, happiness, strength, and mental processes go flying out the window. I remember that I would be laying in the hospital bed and thinking about something I wanted to say. I rotated my head and said it. Nobody answered me. I shifted ever so slightly with my head and realized that I had never opened my mouth.
The other thing was that I would believe that I was up walking around, packing my bags, talking to the people in my hospital room, and then I vaguely became aware of my body moving...I was still in bed and had been sleeping this entire time. Or my phone would go off, and I would be annoyed... and I would say something like: please turn down the volume.... and then the phone would ring again shortly after, at the same volume level. Finally I said, "ok, shut the phone off." After awhile I realized that my phone rang two separate times, hours apart from each other, that I never stated please turn down the volume. I had fallen asleep in between those times but to me it was a few minutes. The volume wasn't that loud either, it was normal, but it pierced through my head making me sick. Weird, huh?
I remember the walls shifted on me, and shadows looked tremendously deep and scary. I felt awful and alone....really depressed. I finally refused to take the next dosage of Oxycontin. I had only taken up to 2 or 3 pills (one every 12 hours) but that was enough for me to realize what pain meds do to you. Then the shakes came on. I was hot, then cold, and then hot, and then shaky. My lungs felt heavy and pressured and I could feel my heart pound heavily. Ugh! What a nightmare.
Plenty of people came and visited me, I got a lot of flowers and stuffed animals to sleep with. Thank God I had people coming in and out, otherwise, I would have felt really depressed.
I would only feel slightly normal and in my body, grounded, when I was talking to people. I only got a strong deep sleep in when Ryan was sitting or laying by me, watching a movie or something. That place is miserable.
Anyway, I had a 5 or 6 inch incision running vertically starting from my belly button, down. My tummy is still pretty swollen, giving my a good image of being at the end of my first trimester of pregnancy... LOL! Anyway- ahem- the swelling will decrease in time.
A HUGE tremendous thank you to these people: Kellie T., Ron, Illeana, Tracy, Jessica, The Wards, Dennise Pallas, my big sister, Ryan (of course), Mary, Cheri and Carol, mom and dad, Kendall and Brett, and Alicia and James. Thank you for coming and visiting me. You made me feel wonderful.
Also- Thank you Bonnie and Bob, Karen and Brian, Denise and Frank, Cheryl and Randy, Coast IRB, Mary, and Carol, Cheri, and Juli for the flowers and toys and gifts.
Wow. Thank you so very much. I remember seeing the flowers coming in and being stunned and for a very brief time, I felt myself return to normal and be happy.
Thank you to everyone else who prayed for me in that time. I am on a fast road to recovery, thanks to you....and I can do it without any pain killers at all in my system.
Another update, Another time... Cheers!
1 comment:
I'm so glad the surgery went well. Thanks for posting the pictures! It was fun to see them! Sorry to hear your stay at the hospital was not so wonderful, but maybe they do that on purpose that we would not want to stay. Iam and will keep praying for you! I'm still walking with you on this journey and will till it's over. I do keep track of you through Bonnie. Even if you don't post I still know how your doing hehe
I love you!!
Post a Comment