Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2009!

Did you create your resolutions yet? I have!
First is to beat cancer
Second is to marry my Ryan!
Third is to just see if I can go a year without buying clothes.... (we'll see how long this lasts *snort*)
Fourth: do some incredible traveling this summer!
Fifth: Try to cut down on the sugar intake...that stuff is nasty for your body.
Sixth: Start back on writing my books!

That's all- I've got a lot....but I'm pretty sure I'll do four out of the six. I hope that this year will be an amazing year for all of you. Ups and downs are coming, but hopefully there will be more brighter times than dark. 2010 will be to graduate! I can't wait!

Wedding is more- than- likely set for December 26th, 2009. Our colors are Black, White, and Royal Blue. My uncle Darius is our pastor. Both Ryan and I are seriously excited. :)

Surgery is on January 21st. It can go for 2-4 hours. I will have the incision line from my lower pelvic area to the bottom of my belly button or to the top of it. I go into the hospital by 6 am. Please keep me in your prayers that everything will go smoothly. I am quite a nervous wreck over this. I wouldn't want to talk to myself for those 2 days prior to the surgery...I may be a little crabby. After surgery, I'm not sure what I'm planning on doing. What I intend on doing is to be back on my feet, walking around (not running or jumping...) in a week and back at work. Why? Because that's me.

So where do I want to go this summer? Redwood N.P, Cali. Oregon, Minnesota, and 5 national parks in Utah. I should be done with chemo by end of April. However, I will be a cancer survivor after this surgery. :) Perfect time to go traveling don't you think?

Well, I hope all is well in your world. I will update later!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful resolutions!
Wonderful plans for the summer!
Fantastic to hear we are part of them!!!!
Check out Matthew 11:28:
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Steep yourself in God's promises before those two days before your surgery. He will give you just what you need.
We love you and are so thankful for you in our lives!
Bob, Bonnie, Andrew Corey

thyrkas said...

Hi Jo! Wow - excellent resolutions, and some fun ones, too.
Am presently spending time in the psalms, and one of them stopped me in my tracks and made me blurt out "This is Jo's psalm!" I wrote your name next to it in my Bible. Here it is, with a few different words inserted so that it would be customized for you:

Psalm 63

1 O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.

2 I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.

3 Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.

4 I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.

5 My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

6 On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.

7 Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.

8 My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.

9 The cancer that seeks my life will be destroyed;
it will go down to the depths of the earth.

10 It will be given over to the sword
and become food for jackals.

11 But I will rejoice in God;
all who swear by God's name will praise him,
but the cancer will be silenced.

Maybe Psalm 63 can be one of the portions of scripture that you will spend some time with as you prepare for surgery, as your wise and wonderful Aunt Bonnie suggested. Do you ever memorize scripture? Maybe this could be on your CTM (Commit To Memory) list? I will be praying through it with you in mind!

Hope said...

I like your resolutions, but my favorite ones are the first 2, but i also like number 4! I will thinking/praying for you these next couple weeks, but also until this is all over! That wedding will happen, but I really hope that trip to Minnesota happens that I can finally meet you!!!!! I have met your mom!!
Always remember God is with you, he will never leave or forsake you!! He truly loves you and is always smiling down at you!!

Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Ah!! I have not been on top of the blog. I just read your postings since Christmas and it is really great to read all about your journey. I am soo excited for your resolutions...although the not buying clothes thing will be a bit hard I think. Anywho, I will be praying for you and missing you and I know that you can make it!!!

Kevin said...

December 26th?!?!? You guys are just looking to score on the gifts, I know !!!!!!

Glad to read that you're in such better spirits, and that the surgery is coming up soon. I'll be praying for you from now to then that you won't be frightened nor stressed, and all day on that day that God will guide the surgeon's brains and hands and they are 200% successful.

Jo, you are a wonderful and strong woman, and I admire the stance you've taken from the beginning. You rawk!!!

Kendall-Ashley said...

I had a great time tonight! And if you need distractions prior to surgery, we can have our Underworld night! :-D You're groovy in a far out sort of way, my friend (I know, you prolly don't want to be my friend after you heard me say that...lol) I am praying for your surgery! Let me know if you need ANYTHING!