Yup, you heard right. Life is going good at the moment. (Remember, we take things by moments in my time.)
It's heading towards the weekend... Mom's birthday and Ryan's birthday is coming up!
So let's pretend that I'm all tied up and I'm giving one hell of a run for your money by kicking and screaming....even biting! Because I do not want to do this last chemo round. Not one bit.
Nope. No sir. Don't wanna. I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. Bummer doesn't cut it.
My skin is turning out ok...considering everything, but this gray color and peeling of fingertips and feet? Seriously? Gets a little annoying. And sometimes painful.
Did you know that it has been scientifically proven that and I quote: "ScienceDaily (July 5, 2005) — Scientists investigating gender differences in pain have found that not only do women report more pain throughout the course of their lifetime, they also experience it in more bodily areas, more often and for longer duration when compared to men."
So what does that mean? Women just endure more pain? And thus can handle pain more? I don't know, but if it's true...I feel really really bad for the males taking chemo.
I have pain mostly in my lower spine but it goes up and down my entire back. Then there is chest pains, rib cage pain, eye pain, neck and shoulder pain... Lord have mercy. Then you have throat discomfort where it's scratchy and feels like it's closing. Sores on the tongue that hang around for a day or so... Sensitive to the cold. And the being tired all the freaking time. I sleep so much! Wowzers.
Man, I'm tired of these side effects. That's not all of them by-the-way. I just don't want to feel crappy anymore.
Today, I feel amazing! No pain of gastroenteritis this time. Can you believe that?! For 6 rounds of chemo and a previous 6 weeks of straight 5 FU gave me severe sharp pains that would just bring me to the floor and wipe the energy right out of me. Every time, 6 days after chemo...it would hit. This time it didn't! The only thing I have changed is, I drank Lipton Tea (with 1 teaspoon of added sugar) the day before I knew the pain would hit. Then I drank it on the day, the day after, and I've continued every day there after.
So either God hit me over the head and nudged me to drink the tea or he took away the pain. Either way, thank God and thank the person who created that tea! I love it now and I will forever have it on hand. :) Finally, something that works....without chemicals. Perfect!
1 comment:
Thank you God for all you are doing in Jo's life!
Keep drinking that tea, and don't stop!!
Still praying for you! It's almost over, yippee!!
I hope you can enjoy those 2 very special birthdays!
Tell your mom and Ryan I said Happy Birthday or just let them read this blog!
Have a wonderful weekend and we'll talk soon!
Love ya!!
Post a Comment