Thursday, June 11, 2009

And That's All Folks!

What the heck?! I'm done. Ya know what??? I cried like a little baby. I couldn't believe it. I still can't! This is absurd. I thought and felt like it was going to go on forever. That my feet would never heal and my fingers would always be tender and my throat felt like closing up.

I went in today and got Wilson off my back for the last time. It felt darn good, all the nurses sang a "congratulations song" and handed me a coffee mug that has a stick figure dancing and saying "YIPPEEE!"

I cannot believe that I'm done. It's incredible. A weird feeling. My excitement is building and ready to take on a normal life again. It's going to take some time but I'll get back on the normal track.

The side effects are miserable, you feel like crap all the darn time, and you really don't give a crap about what is going on around you. Now, it's all done. You have time for friends, you have the strength to do the little tasks, and you don't feel miserable all the time. Wow!!!! It's amazing. (and I'm saying that dead seriously.)

Wonderful. Beautiful. Absolutely Amazing.

God is darn good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetheart,

Congratulations! I was so happy to read this news.

Miss ya,
Sara (Coast)

Hope said...

God is good all the time and no matter what we go through hes always there helping us through it! Always remember this!

Love you!!