The Relay for Life is today!!!! Roosevelt Park at Longmont. We get balloons and dinner and a big sign to walk around with the says "Survivors!" I'm so excited! (I got a new purple shirt, which is the color for all cancers btw, that has survivor written on the back!)
The PET scan will be done around July 23rd. I'll be keeping in my port for awhile, just in case. Probably take it out sometime next year or late this year.
What's it like being a cancer survivor? It's a weird feeling. I don't know what to do with myself. I'm slacking on the homework and kind of taking my time through everything. I've definitely have changed into a different person. I've learned a lot of life lessons and have become more vocal, more positive, and a stronger/tougher person. Heck, going through boot camp seems like a piece of cake compared to chemotherapy. At least you get into shape at boot camp rather than feeling like crap every moment of every day and laying in bed sick all the dang time.
I wasn't feeling good yesterday, Thursday. I'm not too sure what went wrong but an "emotional break down" seems about right in describing it. Too much stress when my body and mind couldn't handle it anymore. Luckily Ryan came over and it took me till today to start feeling better. It was a very bad day. Now it's all over, and I can move on with life.
So there is another update in the life of Jo. Besides learning how to cope with stress and time management again.....it's all good.
1 comment:
I hopt the walk went well and you have a good time! You will always be a survivor with God on your side. He's always there, even if it doesn't seem like it. Life will always be good with God on your side!
Hope to see you!
Love you!
Post a Comment