Hey Everyone,
I have been waiting anxiously to write this blog up.
The time has come to say that I am done, finished, and almost peeing my pants in excitement writing this. I would be jumping up and down extremely happy, calling everyone....but alas, my side effects have kicked in full force for this last round.
I have today and a full day tomorrow with the pack, notoriously know as Wilson, and then a disconnect. The doctor will then say I'm cancer free. I have opted to have a PET scan after 6 weeks and the doctor will relay the news back to me on the 7th week after chemo is done. This is not necessary, but I requested it.
Thank you to all of you who have been God sent angles to me. I could say thank you as much as possible, but that doesn't nearly hit how grateful I am feeling.
Kellie- you've been a guardian angle
Susan- who acted like another mother to me.
Grams- for sending all those cards and praying like crazy.
Everyone who came to the hospital and visited me. Thanks...a whole bunch. Especially Illeana who made me die of laughter.
Ron- for acting like a big brother to me. :) and the scrapbook... which is awesome.
Larry and John and Susan and Kellie and Tracy and Lanita and Michelle and Sarah and T and Shellie and and and and Dustin (who just had a baby, congrats!) and then whole darn Coast team. Thanks for blessing me, sticking by me, praying with me, comforting me, taking care of me, and giving me gifts that made my life by humbling me and showing me a true type of Love. You guys are awesome.
However, their are bigger people who played a huge role in helping me through this and that would be:
to Mom and Dad. They stayed till June to take care of me and did a splendid job. We amplified our relationships, I had shoulders to cry on, and people who fed my a proper nutrition.
Thanks to Ryan, who has a better man than I? I was hesitant at first to see if he would stay but his morals, kindness, and ultimately being just a great guy made me forget my doubts.
Thanks to the Wards, who took care of me, listened to me, and graciously accepted me into their home. They didn't leave me either and have been extraordinary people to get to know and grow closer to. (including, Grandma and Grandpa, Bryan and Karen, Caroline and Jeff...and the biggest people of all Cheryl and Randy.)
and to my big sister Erica who is my biggest and strongest role model in my life and always believes in me.
My Auntie Bonnie and the fam. Bonnie came down from MN immediately when I got the news and that helped a lot to have another person being around and helping out. She came at a great time, a time that mom and the family needed an extra shoulder to rely on.
Looking back on EVERYTHING, I cannot believe I did it. That's ridiculous. I did school, work, chemo, radiation, and a surgery...and pulled good grades. Insanity is what got me through. Nah, it was God. All God. No doubts about that. When you think you can't do it, you're going to be surprised. As long as you ask, he will provide. If you don't believe he exits, how do explain me getting through all of this? Just by myself on pure strength? Yeah, I wish I could say I'm that strong. But I'm only as strong as what God allows me to be.
So all praise goes to God. I wish I could let you feel my bond I have with him but I can't. Everyone has their own journey to attend to. Mine was just harder than some others.
Oh, before I go...Thanks to my friends who have had the patience for me for me being absent in their lives. Thank for also loving on me and being grateful and listening to all my complaints about the pain and suffering.
So thanks to everyone: Family, Friends, and God. My blog will keep being updated on Life in general, the wedding, school, and about the results of the PET scan.
Thanks for reading! Keep up with me as I start a new page in my life. I get a second shot at it and I'm going to live it up to the fullest. :)
2 comments:
Hi there. I'm Symon from New Zealand. I noticed one of your interests was 'Frank Peretti'. Please take the time to check out our Christian Fiction Review Blog: Flannelgraph. If you become a follower, you will be into win a free book/books each month. God bless you!
God will be with you each and every day! He will always be your strength!
I'm glad you will still keep this blog and keep us posted! I will always be waiting to hear from you, and I can't wait to see you in July!!
It's so wonderful that God can send us angels in our lives! He's given me one to, and i'm so blessed that he would know who to pick as my angel!
Keep posting and I will see you soon!!
Love you!
Post a Comment