Sorry for not posting everyone. Lately it's been a roller coaster. I feel good, I feel sick, I am really tired....blah blah blah. Today I feel sick, I woke up feeling sick. Oh well. What can you do? It feels like I want to sleep through the next five weeks...that would be nice.
The doctor said that my blood levels (white/red/everything else) are still normal after the first week. I have to go for two more weeks until they check my blood levels again. So that is good news.
Well Ryan and I had a good weekend together. I got through my first week of treatment. Now starts the second. I can see how this is going to be a rough ride all the way to the end. Oh well. I have radiation every day and today starts a new bag of chemo.
I have a paper due this week about the sociological aspects of anorexia and bulimia. hmmmm, how much fun huh?
My goal is to go to Europe in 2010 with Ryan! We decided this yesterday. He bought me five cds of Disney music from all of the movies. lol! I love it.
Well, I'm off to listen to music and maybe read I book. I love books, they fascinate me. It kind of takes you off into another world and makes you forget about everything.
That's all!!! Thanks for keeping up those prayers. I need it. : ) Keep in mind my family and Ryan. Thanks.
Oh- I am receiving a lot of cards! Thanks everyone! I hopefully will have the time to write everyone back. I try to sit down and write but between homework and not knowing when I'm going to feel sick, it's hard. So thank you!
8 comments:
Welcome back, Jo - many have missed hearing from you! We continue our prayers for all of you. Did you finish the book your Mom gave you? Let us know what you think of "The Shack."
I love you!
Bonnie
I actually just started reading it... I have been wrapped up in a fantasy book series. It is written for young adults, but I got sucked into it anyway. :)
Love you too!
HI Jo! Glad to see you are feeling up to posting again : ) What a fun gift idea, to give you Disney music. Excellent!
What is the name of the YA fantasy book series you were reading? I am about to start reading "The Shack", too.
There is an interesting story in 1 Kings 20. It has to do with one of the kings of Israel, and a very powerful king of Aram called Ben-Hadad. The two kings were planning to go to war against each other, and the officials of Ben-Hadad said that the God of Israel was only a god of the high places, and not a god of the low places. This idea so angered God that he sent a prophet to the king of Israel with this message,"This is what the Lord says,'Because the Arameans think that the Lord is a god of the hills and not a god of the valleys, I will deliver this vast army into your hands, and you will know that I am the Lord,'"1Kings 20:28
I don't know about you, but I take a lot of encouragement from the idea that the Lord says He is a God of our low places - which I take to mean our troubles, sorrows and illnesses,etc., and that He feels so strongly about it that He would defeat a 'vast army' that thought otherwise! He wants us to invite Him into every part of our lives, to be Lord of the good times(the high places) and the Lord of the tough times (the low places). What a mighty God we serve!
Jo, I'm so glad to hear that you and Ryan had a wonderful weekend. Reading is fun and very enjoyable as long as it's a good book. I'm so blessed to hear from you again. I've missed it very much, but know this isn't easy for you.
Keep smiling!!
Love you!!
I've never heard that story before from the Bible, Thyrkas... thanks for sharing. : ) The 2 books of Kings are amazing to read.
Hi Hope! I got your letter. :) Thank you so much. I'm trying to sit down, but today was one of those yucky days.
Oh, I'm reading the Twilight series. They've just started to become big. I enjoy reading them and I'll add them to my collection of Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and many many more. :)
I was surprisingly caught up in the Twilight books too! 3 down, 1 to go. I found them to be very engaging and well written. I'm actually excited about the movie and I can not stand scary movies! (so here's me crossing my fingers that it's no more scary than the book!)
Feel well!
Jo, I'm glad you got the letter:) I heard a song this morning that really hit me this morning and I think it would be good for us to hear! I'm sorry, but I don't know the title or singer, but here's a line of it: "TODAY IS THE DAY, THE DAY I'VE MADE FOR YOU, REJOICE, AND BE GLAD IN IT". If I got any words wrong or mixed up, sorry!
Jo, I just thought it was a wonderful song for you, and I know life stinks right now, but REJOICE in what you have!
I've been blessed by you to walk with you on this walk.
Today at our Bible Study we were talking about how God works in our lives, and one thought came to mind for me was that he puts me into peoples lives for a reason, and your one of those people.
I just feel so BLESSED to be apart of your life and this blog means so much to me, and yes I know that sounds crazy since I don't know you, but it's the truth!! I enjoy being a part of your life!
I love you!!
Post a Comment