So-
I did my first treatment today. (sigh of relief) It was probably the hardest and most difficult morning I have had so far. I didn't want to start at all. Radiation freaked me out beyond belief. I'm not too sure which one is worse, radiation or chemo.
Now I am carrying around a fanny pack loaded with a pump, chemo bag, extra batteries, and two syringes. At least the bag is black and I can wear it like a one strap back pack. I am tired at the moment. I'm not too sure if it's the time change, stress, or the chemo. (I hope everoyne remembered to set back their clocks...)
It's very difficult to get through this. I know I have said it before but it always comes back to haunt me that I have cancer.
I can't wait for Thanksgiving! Then I'll be half way done and getting ready for Christmas! I have a lot of shopping to do... Oh boy. And a ton of homework to do before then. eek.
9 comments:
Well done, Jo! We are doing the countdown with you. Remember, "GREATER is He that is in you (Our Lord, Jesus) than he(the evil one and cancer and all they represent)that is in the world."
Shalom.
You get to wear a fanny pack?! Man, some people have all the luck! :-) . Hang in there little lady, you're in for a bumpy ride, but I know you can do this. Let me know what I can do to help make it smoother...
Here's your countdown:
http://xrl.in/101s
Jo, you make me smile. Even though you are going through radiation and chemo you still reminded people to set their clocks back and write a blog that sounds happy. I have no idea what radiation and chemo is like (I don't even know what it looks like), but know we are all here praying our guts out for you!
"but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Is. 40:31 NIV
Ya know, some people will do just about ANYTHING to get more attention. You're such an extremist . . . . :-P
I know you, you're strong and resilient and you've got a superior head on your shoulders. And it looks like I'm one of MANY who love you and will be here for anything, anytime, just call or reach out and you'll always have my shoulder, or arm, or at least a strong tie-down on my luggage rack. :-P
And see?!?!?! First day down, you're already over the big hurdle !!!!!
Hi Jo,
I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers and just wanted to share a poem I found in the book, "Chicken Soup for the Unsinkable Soul". I can't pretend to know what you are going through and I don't know the right words to say to make you feel better, so I will just share this poem that touched my heart and hope it touches yours.
Perseverance
by Anne Stortz
When all the world is looming dark
And things seem not so clear,
When shadows seem to hover 'round
Lord, may I persevere.
When it seems everything's been tried
And there's no way to go,
Just let me keep remembering
Sometimes the journey's slow.
I may just need to stop and rest
Along the path I trod,
A time to try to understand
And have my talk with God.
As I gain new strength to carry on
Without a doubt or fear,
Somehow I know things will be right,
And so, I persevere.
Be blessed, Jo and keep up the fight,
A friend in Christ in MN
Jo, I'm so blessed to hear the first day has passed. I'm glad it went ok! This isn't the road you want to be on right now, but it will be over soon, and your going to have a HUGE smile on your face and I know you'll be jumping up and down praising God for helping you get past this road. You will know that many people prayed for you and that we were on this walk with you even if we are not walking right next to you. I feel blessed to have you in my life, but especially since I'm on this walk with you.
I love you!!
I know that you have your nifty backpack now but I still think that this fanny pack song will crack you up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PALDv_B7YT0
Check it out!!
Love you!
Jo, I am not only being blessed by your candidness of how you feel about what is happening with you right now, but also by the many friends and family you have posting messages to your blog. It's pretty amazing. I would never tell you that I think you're "lucky" to be going through this, but I do believe you are very fortunate and SO BLESSED to have such a plethora of people praying for you and cheering you on. Think of how it must be for sick people who are alone and have nobody to go home to after their treatments. You are blessed, and you are special! ;-)
Post a Comment