Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Update.

It's a disaster hovering over my head waiting to strike.....hmmm. It's what it feels like. I got a lot of homework done last night, which I am proud of but the next few days, everyone should steer clear because I'm more-than-likely going to be grumpy. But hey! It's what being a college student is all about. I will be soooo glad when this semester is over with, then I will have time to breath.

Other than that, I'm actually pleased (at the moment) of how this week is going. Monday I had severe sharp pain in my tummy and wasn't doing very well. So I stayed home that day. Yesterday I got sick in the morning but it faded away and then came back as a dull pain. However, at night I cleaned my room, kitchen, and living room...which made me feel a lot better. I also worked on some homework....which took off some stress.

There are some more big decisions to make. I'll update everyone later. My nose is constantly bleeding either a little bit or it will burst out in a waterfall. This morning I coughed and ended up spitting out a pretty good amount of blood. Kind of freaky and gross, but I think it's only because of my nose. It has been bleeding for a good three days. I have a cracked bottom lip, split in three places, and headaches are pretty constant. I'm sure that living in CO with a dry climate doesn't help these situations.... Oh well, I love this place.

My appetite is getting more and more sensitive to different foods. I would be cautious about even thinking about some things. Surprisingly, I love thin hamburgers, smoked sausage links (not breakfast sausage), some types of chicken, turkey (not lunch meat), rice, and a few other things. Sugar, I can smell from a mile away practically and just as of yesterday, it has turned disgusting... except for mint and maybe brownies. So everything else in the food section is out.

Thanks for the continued prayers, support, love, and gifts.... I didn't expect all of this. I hope all is well in your lives. :)

9 comments:

E Driver said...

Today marks the wonderful half way mark. As things get worse physically, you can now imagine yourself coasting downhill on the way to the bottom.

Hope said...

Jo, I hope you start to feel better soon. There are no words to take away your misery! You deserve all the love you get from all of us, including your family. You need to know that we love you and i'm not just saying that! I know that God has blessed me by putting me in your life and somehow I hope you can feel those blessings!!
God puts people in our lives when he knows we'll need them for whatever we may be going through. God doesn't want you doing this alone and that is why I'm here for you like many other people.
I don't know where you are in the book "THE SHACK", but I just finished it today, and I have to tell you that I look at my life a lot differently now!!
God truly loves you, and so do I!!

Karen Ward said...

Ahhh, The Shack! What an awesome book. It's so good to know we can curl up with our Papa and be totally accepted and unconditionally loved. Jo, I'm glad you're staying busy and not wallowing in self-pity. Your updates are very inspiring and I'm amazed that you keep asking others how they're doing besides telling us all how you're doing. One more day this week and then...the weekend!! I hope you can relax a little for a day or two.

thyrkas said...

Shalom, Jo ~ Thanks for the update. I truly appreciate your sharing the physical challenges you are facing right now - it gives us an additional way to pray very specifically for you.
A friend (whose name also happens to be Jo!) sent a marvelous e-devotional this morning. It had to do with a woman who was with friends hiking in British Columbia (I think?). Anyway, they came upon a gigantic pine tree that had a huge boulder at its base. The tree had grown up over the boulder, and was taller then many of the trees around it because if that. Here is part of the devotional:

"... my mind continued to imagine what it was like for this tree. Many years ago, at the edge of a boulder, like a menacing mountain, a small seed sprouted in the ground. What chance did it have to grow up? Still, it pushed its way through the ground. As it grew in size it kept bumping into a rocky wall, a constant reminder of its unyielding, ornery neighbour. If it had been like us, it might have grumbled, ‘What did I do to deserve this? I can’t even stretch and grow like other pine trees around me.’ But it kept growing and reaching and stretching and climbing, one inch at a time. Right on top of the boulder! Thus elevated, it continued to grow, perfectly straight, with the rest of the trees."

You came to mind immediately, Jo. The title of the devotional is "You Can Overcome". It's quite short, and since you are a reader, you might enjoy going to the website yourself.

The website is www.thelife.com, then go to Devotional for Women, "You Can Overcome"

Praying for you day and night.

"..the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh 8:9

Jo and Ryan Ward said...

Hi Ladies! Thanks for your comments....they help me stay strong.

Erica- I don't think you should leave Colorado, or else I'm going to fall to pieces... *sniffles*

Karen Ward said...

Jo, did I miss something? What did you ever find out at your Genetic Counseling appointment?

Hibbitts Family said...

Hi Jo,
I've missed seeing you around the neighborhood. . .I spoke with your mom and have kept you and your family in my prayers.
Stay strong, as I know you are, and continue to hold on to your faith and friends for support. We're all here for you!
Warmly,
Ingrid, Gabriele and Frank

E Driver said...

Hi Sunshine!
I'm not leaving CO for a long time. I'm going to make myself so annoying you'll be pushing me out the door. :-)
Hope you are feeling somewhat better today. Only 2 more weeks to go!

Hope said...

Jo, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow. I hope tomorrow you can find a million ways you are blessed! I know that phsyically you are worn out, but I know God is still blessing you every minute. I'm blessed by walking on this journey with you!! It seems that each year God blesses me in more ways than I can count. I'm blessed by him being in my life, because I couldn't imagine my life without him.
Love you and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!