Thursday, December 25, 2008

Another Hello.

Alright, I am just kidding about the last one being last post for awhile.
I up at the parents and laying in bed by 9 o'clock (yeah, I know, I sound old.) and I just really don't want to sleep.
In fact, most nights now, I lay awake thinking...until I just fall asleep. It's pretty nice and I've gotten into the habit.

I had an amazing Christmas with family. Granted it was only mom, dad, Erica, Brian, and Alex but that was perfect. (It could have been better with Ryan, but he does have his family. hehe) We did have a blast and it was quite fun and interesting. We are heading off to the condo on Saturday. So wooowhoo!

Though, the purpose of this blog is going to be another particularly deep. I've never really discussed what happens in the process of cancer, or the nitty-gritty details. As I am laying awake in my bed thinking about everything, I thought to share some of these things. (After all- it is a blog of my journey)

So in my head, I have a constant battle, constant decisions, warfare, and two personalities batteling it out. It's a nasty bloody battle and I'm not fighting for something small, I am fighting for myself...my life. It is a decision and battle that I can only imagine that every cancer patient goes through. You think you are turning bi-polar with the extremes that dance and roam free throughout the labryinth of your head.
It's a battle that one side says to me that I will never make it. My Maker wants me home early because he loves me too much to see me suffer. It whispers to me, through my thoughts, that the pain and sickness is a sign of weakening and loss of life. It is a strong and silent wall that has doubt, worry, and anxiety written all over it. It says to me that even though I have tried so hard to live and stay strong for my loved ones, that I have failed.
Yet, I have a stronger side. I look into the mirror and see this woman before me and wonder who she is and what she is capable. Because, without doubt, she has still strength left in her and will to fight, and does not fail. For the love of others she will move on and she knows that it is quite clear to her maker that she is not ready to go home. She still has work to do on this Earth and she has the power and drive to make an impact. There is something deep within me that I haven't even touched. I can easily suffer through some mishaps in order to stay here. No, you don't understand....let me try to open your eyes to who I am...

I know there is something within me that I haven't touched, I have strength, and I have fight in me. It is within everyone's power to fight for their life. Only until they have that peace that they know it is time, do they give in...maybe not ready for the next step of life but still, they know when. Sometimes, this fails but it is all within God's plan. Sometimes I battle it out with God in my head. I tell him I'm not ready to leave because I have more work to do for him. If he could give me more time with my loved ones, I will give him more glory to his name. He listens, and for the moment, I believe he understands. If only I could give you a glimpse of his glory. Which is shown through his mercy and love. The best thing in the world is to experience that. Could I give you a glimpse? All I can write is that: it is the most happiness you have ever felt and you cry and you can't stop crying. Why? You don't want to, it's just another step you go through to find peace. Although, we will never find peace in this life. Just the joy of living to see another Christmas, to give another hug, to laugh at another joke, to learn another lesson from dad, to watch the little baby grow up, and to hear her laugh is enough to make me cry. Do you understand the impact? I have barely opened up to anyone, no one knows my heart and mind, no one has heard my story, but if I could just give you something...it would be a glimpse of God's mercy. Maybe you have a story, maybe you are someone that barely anyone knows, what would you give to someone?

I know I cannot do this on my own. I often find myself sitting or laying in my bed crying away and wishing that everything would just disappear However, the next day or moment I find myself happy that I walk. If I could only open your eyes up to love. The most powerful emotion and thing in your possession. I don't know how to properly use it effectively at many times, but I have grown in leaps and bounds.

I live to love. Even though trusting may come hard, I can still love. Even though loving is hard to do at times, I still love after the storm. What gets me through cancer? Love. I could possibly do this without family because I have so much fight in me. However, it would be a whole heck of a lot harder without Ryan, mom, dad, Erica, Brian, Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins. When I see them in pain over my pain, it is unbearable for me. Why do I live, if not for Love? People are different. I am very different. Even I do not know myself at times. I have grown to the age of who knows what by now? Who am I to you?

Often I find my forehead in my hands. Often I find myself struggling to decide, even over the little things it is hard. I spend so much energy on the inevitable battles in my head that sometimes, you just don't care to decide on little things. Often I find myself laughing and practically wanting to dance. Then in the same day I would like to just curl up and forget. Often I think of my friends and who I call a friend. What do they mean to mean? What can I do for them?

This is only a taste of the complexity of thoughts, discussions, feelings, and beliefs of my head and heart. It may not mean a single thing to you, and it can go in and out of your head. I really wouldn't mind if it did. But if just one sentence made you think, or showed you something, or just reminded you of something....then I did ok. : )

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad this was not your last entry for awhile! I loved every word you entered - thank you!! Isn't it amazing that God has developed that ability in you to articulate your feelings like you do? Even at a young age you were able to see things so clear and were bold enough to write about your feelings - way to go!
Keep on processing - just look back at some of your earlier entries and see for yourself how you have grown. Thank you for starting the blog - I think it will aid you in writing your book someday. Have a great time at the Condo and in CA.
Love you, Princess!
Bonnie

Hope said...

Thanks for sharing! It means so much to hear you say what's on your mind and in your heart! I've been through some tough stuff and I can say that it's made my faith stronger and without having a loving God I don't know what I would've done!
Have a wonderful time! Hope to hear from you soon!
Love you for who you are!!

Kathy said...

I am so thankful God decided to grace us with a third child...what a beautiful person you are!

Anonymous said...

Psalm 31:7 I will be glad and rejoice in your love,for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul.

I Love You,

God.

Anonymous said...

Hey Girlie,
Just wanted to let you know you never have to cry alone. The pouting and tantrums you can keep to yourself, but the crying you can share.

Love

Dad

thyrkas said...

Shalom, Jo! God bless you, and thank you for your post. What a journey you are on! Seems like God is maturing you through a process that is more accelerated, concentrated and complicated than most of us will ever experience. So glad you are able and willing to bring us along via your comments here on your blog.
I agree with your Aunt Bonnie about looking back on this very blog site to see how God is at work in you.
Here is a scripture that came to my mind as I read through your comments.
John 14:27
"I am leaving you at peace (shalom). I am giving you my own peace. I am not giving it to you as the world gives. So don't let your hearts be troubled, and don't be afraid."

It appears to me that you are drawing on this peace as you write to tell us your thoughts, and that is inspiring!

Kendall-Ashley said...

Jo! You are so amazing! I LOVED that I got to see you and spend some time with you playing Scene It (a game that only strengthens my theory that I NEED a life!). I will be praying for you and your upcoming surgery, but I know you will be fine. You are such a strong woman, and your blog is really such a joy and inspiration to read. You're groovy in a far out sort of way, Jo. You are always in my prayers, and I am so glad you were able to have a great Christmas!

Ana said...

Peru is a far off place from Colorado, but I think of you often even though I can´t follow your journey as closely as I´d like. You are an inspiration and an example to all for your positivity and optimism. It is the way someone deals with problems and the way they handle themselves in the most difficult of situations that define one´s true self and soul. It is admirable that you are sharing this deep truth with all of us. You are even stronger then you may realize.
Lots of love,
Ana Memmel

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo,
I loved the entry. I would think it is good therapy to get even a few of your thoughts into print. When I get crabby with my staff I write a not so nice note then have to delete it and re-write one in the propper manner. But, at least it makes me feel better.
I wonder how many people really feel gods presence. I can't imagine trying to make it through life without some guidence in that everything is going to be okay. However it is supposed to be.
You're always in my prayers.
Love ya,
Cousin Becki