Good afternoon everyone!
I am very excited today! I have one day left!!!! Tomorrow I am finished with radiation and with chemo!
My hands are blotchy red and purple. The callouses on my feet are coming back...but besides that I'm pretty happy to be done with phase one.
(As just a side note in this blog- I am happy to inform everyone that Erica's and Ryan's colonoscopys came back clean. :)
However, today I had a severe heart palpitation. Ugh. Don't you just hate those? Well, this one made me dizzy and slightly black out, for just a bit. I think my tolerance to handle stress is decreasing rapidly.
I do have a new outlook on life. I really can't handle it when people are snippy at me anymore. I don't understand why people lose patience so quickly. Honestly, life isn't so short that you can't have patience to correct a situation. I can understand the loss of sanity when everything is going wrong.
Personally- I will be extremely happy to get my appetite back. To finally jump into the swimming pool and get some hard core laps done is my next goal...and to go for a walk and not get so light headed with my feet hurting is the next one.
As for surgery! The long awaited date has now been scheduled. January 14th is the tentative date. Why am I unsure? Well, the nurse has penciled me in for that date but Dr. Nagy wants to talk to me first about the procedure and all. So I talk to him on the 6th of January and if all goes well then it's surgery on the 14th.
I'm really tired today and would write more but...under circumstances, I think I'll be off. Thanks for the continued prayers and cards and everything else.
I'll be posting at a later time! Cheers!
6 comments:
Hi dear!! I am soo happy for you. How wonderful is it that you will be able to enjoy the Christmas and Holiday's without Chemo and Rad!! And you can gain like 70 pounds over the holidays too!! I am so proud of you for getting through all of this and with your head held up high the entire time. It is amazing to see what our bodies and souls can be put through. God has really equipped us with so much more than we really know. He has given you something very special, your willpower and strength. It is so encouraging to see such a strong and mature woman go through something so hard. Now that you have made it through "hurdle" one, you know you can make it through two and three. I have faith in you and God that everything will work out and you will make it. Now, just enjoy these weeks of freedom. Relax, eat a LOT, see your family, have fun with friends, kiss your fiance, and enjoy it!! You deserve so much more but these few weeks will be a true blessing for you!! I love you bunches!!
I think we should have a last day party!!!! Wouldn't that be fun if all those who have posted on this blog AND all those who didn't who love you dearly showered you with flowers?!?!?
How about we all shower you with prayers of thanks for all God has taught you as you have gone through this Phase One? I really don't want to refer to it as that, because then I have to admit to myself that there will be other phases to follow - ugh!
What a wonderful Christmas this will be for you! To really feel the gift you have been given in God coming to earth for you - wow!!!
We still have to connect you and Andrew on Skype - be sure to call!
We love you in Minnesota!!!
Bonnie
Jo!
It's so good to hear you cheerful again! I know that these last couple of months haven't been easy on you! You've done a wonderful job getting through phase 1! I'm still walking on this journey with you! We're in this together! God is good, all the time!! He's still caring and loving you! Lean on him for comfort!
Love you!!!
And I was so looking forward to shaving my head for you !!!
Glad you're back in good spirits. Perhaps God is allowing you to experience this so that you'll have a more intimate understanding of what your patients are going through when you become a counselor?!?!??? Even so, He is taking care of you and will bless you richly !!!!
It is great to see your beautiful smile again!
I'm so excited for your month of freedom! Love the new haircut btw... ;-)
Post a Comment