Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanks!

Hey everyone!
Today was an ok day. It was kind of hard because of the pain.

Anyway! I would like to say thanks to all of you. I'm almost done with the first phase and would like to say thanks! Everyone deserves it.
Those who read my blog and keep commenting, like Hope, Bonnie, Trish, Randy....Erica, Teri, Connie, the other Teri, Kendall, ...the hundreds of others!
It really means a lot to me. :)

Grams keeps sending me cards....being the amazing grandmother she is.
The Randy and Cheryl Ward are taking excellent care of me and are supportive. Even the extended families of those two. :) Thanks. You're an awesome family to be apart of.
Karen for Alfie... the teddy
Thanks to the Backs for giving me help in the lease.
John and Kellie at work, you two are amazing helpers... and the teddy. :)
Bonnie came out and spent time at the beginning with me... Thanks. You wonderful aunt you. :)

The massive amounts of cards and presents that I've been getting. Gary and Shannon, Randy and Cindy, Emily Power-Driver, Arla, the Paffingers, Dianne Hoffman, Terri Swanson, Connie Larsen, Marlys, everyone in the Wards family and those related to them, all the people at Coast...and boy, if I forget you, I'm sorry....I have all the cards up in my room... I'm also sorry if I spelled your names wrong. Not intentional. :) hehe.

All the emails I've got helped me through this as well. This list could possibly go on forever: Larry and Becky Yonts, Darius and Cindy Larsen, Mackeys, Chris and Jan, Ingrid and Frank, Chad and Ana, Randy and Cindy, Trish and Katie and Mark, Gretchen, Tami and Ryan, Kendall, Kim, Kevin, Erica (who is the best sister), Mom (who has been there for everything), and hundreds of others!

Thanks for the story sharing of those who have made it through cancer Marlys, the story of Lindsay, and countless others.

Thanks for those prayer chains. Prayer must be awful strong. People across the nation are praying for me, that is an amazing gift. We have California, Minnesota, Colorado, Delaware (I believe?), Arizona, Montana, my brother in Japan, and probably more states that I can't think of right now.

So thanks, a big thanks and a round of hugs to all of you. You have been a major strong hold in my life and I will continue to need you to be there. There are more to thank, but please forgive me, there are so many....I'm astounded.

I hope all is well in your state. I have a week left with round one.

God Bless!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jo,
I applaud you for your honesty and courage through all of this. We have no idea what it must be like and I just have to say again how proud I am of you! Your comments may be hard for us to hear only because we want so much happiness for you - but they are your feelings and the sooner you get some of this stuff off your chest, maybe things will get better for you.
Please don't be too tough on yourself - I like your Mom can't wait to see how God is, has and will use this wonderful child of His to care for others. You go girl and call anytime! I love you!
Bonnie

Hope said...

Jo, thanks for putting a smile on my face this morning! I wish I could do the same for you every day! I will always pray for you and plan on walking with you until the end! Even when this cancer thing is all over I will still be keeping up with you! Remember I have my people to see how your doing.hehe
You can't get away from me now!
I hope this puts a smile on your face for a couple of minutes at least! I'm with you all the way!
Love you

E Driver said...

Wow! You are one loved little lady! 5 more treatments...Did you ever think this day would come? It's so exciting!

Kimberly said...

Jo, what we do for you in regards to our words, our prayers and our gifts pales in comparison to what you have done for us!! You are truly an inspiration and I am honored to work with you @ Coast and to have you as a friend.

Kendall-Ashley said...

YAY! I am so glad round one is almost OVER. I do not think you know the blessing you are to those who read this blog. You are a tough broad, Jo. I can't wait to get back to Colorado and we can all hang out!

Hibbitts Family said...

Jo,
Your posts are so thought provoking. I share my thoughts about what you're going through with Frank. . . .certainly helps put things into perspective for us. (especially the post you had yesterday before you edited it).

I think you're one remarkable person, Jo. I've always thought of you as super sweet, but little did I know how deep and spiritual you are as well! I know how proud your parents are of you, and from all your comments, you can see how ALL of your family members and friends are proud of you, too. God gave you a real gift, Jo. You truly are special. You're going to get through this with His love and the strength you receive from HIM, your family and friends. Our prayers will be with you through this tough journey. Round one is almost over! :)

May God continue to bless you!
Warmly,
Ingrid

thyrkas said...

HI Jo ~

I see you modified your blog a bit. I hope all the pain and anger you let out has vaporized, and that you feel some sense of release. I hope it hasn't been stuffed back inside your heart, dear Jo. You know, there was a guy who, a couple thousand years ago, wrote out his innermost feelings, too. He was King David. Wouldn't you know that at prayer this morning (has your Aunt Bonnie told you about our prayer group? If not, ask her! ) we read Psalm 6, where David absolutley pours out his heart to God in frustration and anger and pain. It's worth reading, I think - and notice the end of the psalm. David doesn't say that all his problems are solved, what he says is "The Lord has heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer." He is confident that the answer is on the way. Will the answer come immediately? Or will David have to wait a short time or a long time? We don't know. What we do know is that David understands that God has heard him, and this knowledge brings him comfort and courage to go on and fight through another day. I hope you also will take comfort and courage in knowing God has heard your prayer, Jo. David was a warrior, Jo, and so are you!
Shalom, Teri

Trish said...

We're not done sending you stuff yet...I was at the post office yesterday! Hope you enjoy!

Hope said...

Jo! Here is some scripture that I hope will help you! I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU NOR FORSAKE YOU!!
I needed to share this with you! Always remember this!! It's a good reminder that God is always with us, even if we don't see him there.

Love you!!

The Petersons said...

Hey Sweetness!!!

I'm here... I'm here...

You have been in our thoughts and prayers continuously - even if it took me this long to finally post something out here. Thanks so much for keeping this so up to date. You are such an amazing woman!

Emma makes sure we include a prayer for you each night at dinner. Her favorite part is to say Ahhh Maaa (Amen!).

I love your honesty in what you are going through - it shows such a fantastic spirit - and tells that cancer your fighting exactly who's boss!

You are a fighter, and when you feel down, just remember you've always got a group of people who are 100% committed to you (but you already knew that!)

Love you tons!
Tami (and Ryan and Emma!)

Anonymous said...

I SAID MINT!

Just me dropping in since i was up at 4am. I was hoping you were losing sleep and would punch Zeus and call me but Oh well, I'll just go cook some JD by myself.

Congrats on the OUTSTANDING grades! I can't imagine how much it cost you to bride the profs for an A and B, but rock on girl! There are so many other kids that have perfect health and drop out - what a bunch of wasted time! No talking about the kid in Kadeena either - as if!!

Anywho, Keep on Keeping on Girl. I'm very, very proud of you and the Ry guy!

"Aint nobody gonna ever love you more".