Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Appointments

Here is what has happened up to this day:

Friday, October 10th: Went to Dr. Howden to get Colonoscopy. I did it WITHOUT sedation... got news that there is a mass about 5 cm growing in rectum. Mom and I then went to go get blood work done at the hospital, and then went in to get a cat scan done. We got news that the cat scan came out normal. For this entire period Patty Davis was with us.

Monday, October 13th: Bioposy came back and confirmed that the mass was cancerous.

Tuesday, October 14th: Went to see Dr. Garza for an ultrasound of the mass. The depth of of the tumor was a T3 (deepest being T4). Two lymphnodes, approximately 3-4mm, were found close to the mass. They needed to be tested at surgery. If they test positive for cancer then it is stage three cancer. If tested to be negative then it is stage 2 cancer.

Wednesday, October 15th: Went to see Dr. Matei at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center. We were given good news of survival. More appointments have been made for the future.

9 comments:

Hope said...

Hi Jo!
My name is Hope and I'm a really good friend of Bonnie's. I met your mom a few weeks ago when she was in MN.
Thank you for starting this blog.
I'm glad you got some good news today. I will be praying for you, but will also keep Ryan, and your family in my prayers.
God has his arms wrapped around you and he loves you so much!!

Kendall-Ashley said...

You all are in our prayers! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Jo,

I'm Ryan's Aunt Karen, and I live in Delaware with his dad's brother, Uncle Bryan (or as Ryan used to call him when he was little, "Buncle Ryan!") I want you to know that we're all praying for you and have put you on every prayer chain we could think of, and some others thought of for us. We're all hoping you come through this well, and applaud you for being so brave!!!

Anonymous said...

To Ms. Stinky!

I am still in shock with all that is happening. Just know that I am and will always be here for you. Just like we talked about the other night. God is not to blame for any of this, it is the broken world that we live in that is to blame. The best thing is that God is going to use this for soo much God in your life and many others. It may be hard to see now but once we all get through this together, God will make it a great learning and growing experience. Now that you know what is going on, God will be with you every step of the way. Don't forget that he is always there. I love you so much and the thought of anything that hurts you makes me sick. I am praying for you!!
Always,
Ms. Fatty (I can't remember which one is which...)

Carolyn Miller said...

Dear Jo,
I am Ryan's Aunt Carolyn and am glad to "know" you! I'm so glad God brought you and Ryan together; you sound like quite a girl and someone I would like to know in person. I have also contacted as many different prayer chains as I can think of. I hope you can feel everyone lifting you up! All of us (Jeff, me, Rhys and Barrett) are praying for God's healing hand on you and God's wisdom for your doctors and health team. We are also praying for your family and Ryan.

In Him,
Carolyn

E Driver said...

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
I love this quote, and I love you.

Jo and Ryan Ward said...

Hey everyone! It is so good to meet you! (to those I haven't met before) Thank you for coming here and showing your support. It's awesome that people I haven't even met can come on and talk to me. I will be needing a lot of support coming up. Another update is coming today...we have a pet scan to do. Please pray really really hard that this shows up normal. I could not thank everyone enough for coming on here. I appreciate it, a lot. Thank you thank you. :)

Anonymous said...

Jo,

Thank you so much for starting this blog. It is a great way to stay in touch. You are constantly in our hearts and our prayers! You are an amazing young woman, a little bit like your mom :), and I know you will fight this battle. And we will help!
We love you. Terri (Swanson)

tom said...

Cloudy here this morning Jo, so don't think I will have the motorcycle out at all. our family is keeping you in prayer......we think back to the trips on the Becky boat and where did all the time go so fast........Jenny is senior....still playing goalie..

tried calling your dad, only could get his voice mail..tell him to call me. Stay strong, you have a great faith........tom