Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

I went back to Nagy to ask him about some recent sharp pain that I had by the pump. It started yesterday and I think it's mostly gone today. He said that it was all fine and normal.

I am tired! I don't even care about what goes on and what I do or not do. I just really, honestly, don't give. : )

Mom and I have been having some good laughs together. We went to one of our favorite family restaurant's the other day and while mom was talking to me, my mouth was trying to find the straw to my drink. Needless to say that I finally found it after chomping on a good amount of air. It was classic. I've also been sleep talking a lot. I'm just weird, what can ya say? Mom gets the pleasure of telling me the stories of what I did in the night. haha.

My neck and shoulders hurt. I think I'm just holding in some stress. It's probably the most pain I've ever experienced in that realm.
The doctor gave me 30 pills of pain killer. bahahaha! I haven't taken one- I would rather suffer with some pain than feel groggy and terrible from some pill.

My cold has pretty much gone away, I just wake up with a throat and nose issue. Some days I feel worse than others. Today at work we get to dress up for Halloween! I am a dead Masquerader. :)

I'm not too sure what is happening with the eggs and fertilty. Dr. Nagy is working hard for Ryan and I. He may have gotten somewhere but there are ethical aspects to look into. However, it is a possibility that I fly to Chicago and get a procedure done. I would be joining up with Dad there! woooo!

7 comments:

Hope said...

Jo, I'm so lost for words. I hope and pray the pain goes away soon, like now! I'm glad you and your mom are still laughing, because it's good for the soul!! I hope you can enjoy your halloween! Thanks for posting today! Iknow it's hard on you right now, BUT I enjoy hearing what you need to say, and it helps me stay connected with you!!
By the way, nice costume!!
Enjoy your weekend and hope to hear from you soon!
Love you!!!!!!!!

Karen Ward said...

Hi Jo, Thank you for updating. I'm encouraged that they're still trying to help you hold the hope of having your own children someday. I'm keeping my friends and family updated on your journey and everyone is still praying for you. Happy Halloween...hope you had fun at work today, and this evening handing candy out to kiddies. Have a great weekend!

thyrkas said...

You certainly have lots to think about Jo - more than many of us have ever had to consider.
The scriptures tell us this: "You, God, will keep in perfect peace the one who has trusted You." Isaiah 26:3
You have trusted Him,Jo,now let Him do the work of keeping you in a state of peace. That word 'peace' is not as full a word in English as it is in Hebrew; 'peace' in Hebrew is 'shalom'. A word study in the New King James version for SHALOM says that shalom means: Completeness, wholeness, health, peace, welfare, safety soundness, tranquility, prosperity, perfectness, fullness, rest, harmony, the absence of agitation or discord.
That is what He has promised to do for you, Jo! I will be praying that the full blessing of the word 'shalom' will be yours.

Anonymous said...

Jo,
Hope you had a good weekend. Everyone is waiting to hear from you. How is it going? How often are you having treatments? Are you still taking college coarses and working? Many people are praying for you and love you so much.
Cindy and Randy Weyhrauch

Jo and Ryan Ward said...

Thyrkas- Thanks for the scripture. It always helps me out. :)

I had a good weekend! Ryan and I went to a lot of burritos for free!

Hey Cindy and Randy- :)
I am staying in work and school. 13 credit hours with a 20 hour work load. Yep, it's gonna be rough. Thanks for checking up on here!

Thanks for all the prayers!

Anonymous said...

Jo,

Although I haven’t had the opportunity to meet you or your mother, I did have a chance to speak with your Mom over the phone. I want to write to you because I believe I have a little understanding of what you and your family are going through. Like you, our beautiful daughter Lynsay was also presented with an extraordinary journey…the one called cancer. Although, this is an ugly disease…embrace the journey. The support you will receive along with the strength and courage you will gain from this journey can be truly amazing.

As you are already experiencing…this journey presents you with many tough decisions and challenges. At the young age of 19, you now know how precious life is. This is very important; some individuals…many years older than you will never be able to completely understand how precious life is. Right now, the opportunities this journey offers may be difficult to see or haven’t even been presented to you. However, someday…it will be very clear.

Our daughter, Lynsay had many favorite quotes and inspirational sayings. I would like to share a couple with you. Hanging on her bedroom wall she had a huge picture of James Dean. She frequently told me she wanted the picture because of the saying, but she did admit that James Dean is bad to look at! Here’s the saying, “Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die tomorrow.” This message comes with many interpretations, but when life becomes precious, its meaning is so much deeper than what most people can imagine.

Lynsay also found comfort in HOPE.

HOPE…the next round of chemo goes as well or better than the previous
HOPE…the next appointment brings better news
HOPE…your cooking doesn’t scare away your friends
HOPE…your friends respect you and your wishes
HOPE…you will be able to see an upcoming movie premier
HOPE…Macy’s is having a sale on your good week of chemo therapy
HOPE…for your families’ happiness and health
HOPE…for your friends’ happiness and health
HOPE…someday your experiences will be able to help others

I’m sure you get the idea….the list goes on and on. Lynsay’s Hope came in many different levels. I Hope…that you find the HOPE you need!

I will end with one more of Lynsay’s favorite quotes:

Live~Laugh~Love (so simple…yet so powerful)

Kristi

Jo and Ryan Ward said...

Kristi- I have heard about your story. Thank you for sharing those words from Lynsay. I can only imagine how full of laughter and happiness she was. Hopefully the meaning will become clear as to why I am going through this.
Thanks for posting! I appreciate it. :)