Friday, October 17, 2008

Dr. Nagy

Today we went and talked to the surgeon, Dr. Nagy.
Nothing really was given to us as updated news. However, the surgeon will have to make an incision on me from the pelvic area to the top of my belly button. (long, huh?) He seems to be a good surgeon, he definitely knows what is talking about and put it into words that I could understand. (even though I usually don't want to focus on it afterward.) It seems to me as if Penrose has an excellent staff from all over the place that will contribute a lot of their experience to my case.
They need to find out where the cancer is. The sigmoidoscopy will be at 7:30 AM on Monday morning. It's just more of "don't eat" and "clean out" type of steps that I have to do again.
We talked to the Nagy about having the surgery on Friday...he said that it may be good to do it on that day. I'll keep you posted on that situation.
SOOOoooo, everything is still uncertain as it has been. More waiting... more praying...
It's frustrating. I'm tired. I'll keep up with school and work. More things are bound to change in the future. Ryan has some big decisions to make. I have things to decide. Please pray for the family.
It's pretty incredible that I got picked to have colon caner, when none other 19 year old has it... it gives you a new perspective on life.

I hope all of you are doing well. Thanks again for coming and checking up on me. Keep praying.

4 comments:

E Driver said...

hang in there! You will have results soon, and a plan of attack right after. You're being a rockstar! Chicky can't wait to see you and let you love her.

Hope said...

If I could take this away from you I would. You have soooooo many wonderful things and people in your life. I'm praying for you, Ryan, and your family. I love you, and I hope someday to meet you, but until then I'm praying this will all be over soon, and you will be healed.
I know it's hard, but keep smiling!! We love you, and were here for you all the way!!

Bethel Church said...

Jo,
Remember God is at work!
Love you, my princess!!!

Kimberly said...

Jo - speaking from experience, scars are cool. =) It is amazing when we get picked for such scary journeys, isn't it? It's all for a reason. The Coast family loves you and misses you. Hang in there.