Treatment is starting on Wednesday. I have an appointment at 11, 12, and 1. Today I have my appointment with Dr. Matei to give final answers on what to do. We are going ahead with radiation and chemo for approximately 6 weeks.
It was quite different yesterday. I had mom, dad, and Erica all with me bombarding Dr. Matei with questions. lol. Not one could give a straight answer on what to do. Should we do the clinical trial or not? I stated that I was ready, Dr. Matei didn't think I was... blah blah blah. It's all over. We are not doing a clinical trial. Standard of care treatment is what's on the menu.
I saw the Pet Scan images. Good gracious, that would be enough to scare anyone. So, I would like to start right away with treatment.
I have a slight head cold today. It was worse yesterday. I finally got 10 hours of sleep last night and it was wonderful. I still don't feel great but at least better.
The feeling that I have right now would be that these next few weeks are going to suck. There is just no other "elegant" way to put it.
Erica made me a shirt that says cancer sucks. haha. Another one that she made says icancervive.
hehehe. I'll probably wear those every day to my treatments. People will think that I don't change clothes! bahahaha.
So, it's finally time to start. Insert curse words wherever you please, I don't mind. :)
Cheers!
5 comments:
Okay Jo...let's get to it, right? I'm feeling so badly that you're having to go through this, but I KNOW God has a plan for your life in all of this. It's so hard to see and believe at this point, and impossible to understand why, but that's not our job. We'll just keep praying for you, your family, Ryan and his family, and your friends...as well as the doctors, nurses and techicians that they will all do their jobs with integrity, honesty, and no mistakes!! We love you!
Jo - You, Ryan and your family will be in our thoughts, hearts and prayers throughout this journey. And if we can figure out other ways to support you, we are there! Hang tight and keep fighting! LOVE the t-shirts that Erica came up with. Wear them everyday because they speak the truth! Cancer does suck! We love you! Terri, Doug, Jess, Ben and Trish
Hi Jo!
It's Amanda's Mom here; Dianne. You have been through so much & are heading for an uphill climb. But you are so strong, Jo. So determined in everything you do. And you will make it to the top of that hill; one day at a time. My prayers are with you every day. Love & hugs. Dianne
Jo, What do I say? You are right this does SUCK! I know that God does have a plan for you, and I wished I knew what it was so that I could tell you, but he hasn't shared that with me yet:(
As much as you'd like to, PLEASE don't give up on God or your faith, because then this will seem worse.
I hope you feel better real soon, and get lots of rest that will help.
Keep posting, because I check this blog at least 3 times a day, sometimes more. You don't need to just post about what's going on either. Let us know how your feeling and what you need prayers for! Aunt Bonnie's church is praying for you! I'm always asking Bonnie about you, especially when theres not an update!!
Make sure you cry out to Jesus!
Love you so much!!
Jo, so I don't know you at all, but somehow I ended up on your blog site. CRAZY though I do know your fiance (CONGRATULATIONS) whom I stumbled into in Surrey and also in Liverpool while back packing!
You are so brave, and so full of strength. I know God will provide you with what you need, right when you need it. I can't even begin to understand what you're gone through, what you're going through now, and what will happen in the future.
I'm thinking of you both, and you'll be in my prayers..
Tiffany
Post a Comment