Saturday, October 25, 2008

Surgery

Well, I had surgery on Friday. It was to put the port in for the chemo. Ryan was at the hospital for the entire time and helped me through everything. :)
I was in pain for all of Friday but today it seems a lot better. I can actually dress myself! wooo! It is definitely awkward to have a tube in my chest.
Radiation and chemo may start this week. I am not thrilled about this.

At any rate, life is still going on. They say that I have a better shot at the cancer not returning if I do radiation and chemo.

I'm doing ok. A little stressed about this treatment. It's not going to be a fun ride. However, I'll just grit my teeth and do it.

I will update this later!

Cheers!

10 comments:

thyrkas said...

Glad your surgery went well, Jo. I am an xray tech, and we often assist the surgeon in OR as port's are placed in patients.
You have a great attitude! God bless you as you forge ahead with your treatment.
A young friend of mine who is in the process of beating breast cancer says she put on her 'game face and rally cap' when she went in for her treatments - so I am imagining you as a well trained long distance runner getting ready for her race. We are cheering and watching you from the side of the track, and praying for you too!

Kendall-Ashley said...

I am so glad your surgery went well, and that Ryan was able to be there! It always is nice to have your guy with you to be there for you! I will be praying for you during your radiation treatments. Not to be too repetitive, though I always am, I'm praying for you, and so is my life group! Even in the armpit of America you have people praying for you. Stay strong, girl!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo! Michelle Spangler here. I've heard what you are going through and needless to say I'm praying for you!!! Going through this type of thing last year with my husband, I understand how difficult it can be, so if you ever want to talk just call me...my number is 314-6813. You have touched people's hearts more than you know.

Take care!

Anonymous said...

How's my buddy? Stand up and fight, Jo! Keep this in mind always, no weapon formed against me shall prosper. We have already won the battle. We can laugh in Satan's face. I am so amazed at your strength and courage. But then, I would expect no less from you!
We are all praying for you here. Keep up the good works. You will have to pray for me, too, as it's too hard for me to see you go through this.
Keep up the fight, keep up the faith and keep me informed.
Love, Grams

Karen Ward said...

I thought I would tell you that through the emails from people at church, some of them came up to me this morning and asked about you and told me they're praying for you also. I heard you were going to Chuck E. Cheese's today so you could feel like a kid again. That's so great...you are having to grow up way too fast through this, so I hope you've had as fun and relaxing a weekend as possible.

Hope said...

Jo, I'm glad surgery went well. I hope you don't have any pain. I hope these next few weeks go well for you! Make sure you keep enjoying life and do the things that you enjoy the most like being with Ryan:)
I love you and I'm always thinking and praying for you!!

Love you

Anonymous said...

Jo,
I heard this song and I thought of you. Only the Lord is the Lifter of our heads. He will Lift in the hard moments. At times, in those very close times, you can catch a glimps of eternity it is so real. So be still before your Lord.

When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary,
When troubles come and my heart burdened be.
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence

Until you come and sit awhile with me.

CHORUS:
You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up.. to more than I can be.

REPEAT CHORUS

There is no life - no life without its hunger
Each restless heart beats so imperfectly
But when you come and I am filled with wonder
Sometimes, I think I glimpse eternity

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas
And I am strong, when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up .. to more than I can be
You raise me up .. to more than I can be.

Praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo! My name is Megan Todd, friend and neighbor of Karen Ward! Just want you to know we are praying for you, even my 3 yr old daughter!!

Trish said...

Okay, so I know you don't have breast cancer and that things might be way different, but I heard this during a little break while watching Army Wives and it was so hopeful I wanted to share. This woman in her mid to late 20s was diagnosed with breast cancer and did the whole chemo thing. She ended up in premature menopause and wasn't supposed to be able to have kids...but has a little boy now anyway. God can and does do miraculous things in our lives. Know that good things can happen in yours - whatever His will is. Love you, kiddo, and still praying!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo,

This is the man of steel. I have a note I wrote at church, but left it in my bible bag at home. I will post it later when I get from Chi town.