Today we get to go to the Denver Zoo! I really like animals, I do not have a doctor's appointment, and I won't do any homework today!!! This is looking like it will be a fantastic day.
My family is going to Denver to meet up with Erica, Brian, and my 8 month old niece. Alex is hilarious to watch and play with. It's quite the experience to watch her parents and her interact with each other. She is constantly observing and learning from the things around her.
Babies and young children are always a joy to be around. It's kind of like they show you something that you keep missing in life. It is always so easy to get Alex to laugh or act goofy...she is one happy baby. She makes me forget about the situation I am in and reminds me that there is still little things to laugh at.
I think about the things to come and I quickly try to block it from my mind. It's the only way to "prepare" yourself for something so big. You don't want to wrap your head around it. Some people may say that it's better to be prepared and understand and know what is about to take place. I, on the other hand, would rather believe that I'll get through it off of faith. Do what you want to me, just as long as you get it out and I'll be healthy in a few weeks.
We have been talking about health insurance. It's probably the most depressing thing out of this whole situation. I now have a lot more to say about this government and policies that leave people hanging when they are the ones that are the sickest. However, they would gladly give all the money, cell phones, and laptops to those who are on welfare. They would also promote them to have children in order to obtain more money, but once it comes to those who are ill they can refuse services to them.
Monday I have another procedure. Tuesday is the Oncologist against. Wednesday, is open right now and hopefully will stay that way. Friday is hopefully the surgery.
Everything going well with you? Hope so! Thanks for checking...
13 comments:
I want you to know that you are on our prayer chain, at Melrose Community Church in Roseburg, Oregon, the minute we had the message regarding what is going on with you, Jo. That was about 3-4 days ago.
The same message went to Brian's aunt and uncle in Kenya. You are in the prayers of many folks, more than you can imagine.
Gloria Driver
I want you to know that you are on our prayer chain, at Melrose Community Church in Roseburg, Oregon, the minute we had the message regarding what is going on with you, Jo. That was about 3-4 days ago.
The same message went to Brian's aunt and uncle in Kenya. You are in the prayers of many folks, more than you can imagine.
Gloria Driver
Hi Jo! So glad God has provided a little rest and recreation for all of you. Enjoy it all! tkh
Jo, enjoy your day with family and the Zoo of course!! Kids do add a lot of love to your life! Today act like a little kid and be goofy too!! It's a wonderful thing and God will be smiling and enjoying seeing you have fun!!
Love you!!
Hi JoJo! I hope you have a beautiful day ... filled with glorious joy and laughter and love!!! Giggle lots with everyone ;~)
Colossians 3:14-15a
"But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. And let the *peace of God rule in your hearts*..."
~Moto
Jo, hang in there God is with you even when you don't think so. Remember you are His and He holds you in the Palm of His Hand. We are praying for you. Is it alright if I put you on our prayer chain at church? We love you and want the very best for you. Love,hugs and Blessings, Judy and Virg
Hi Jo! We were away for the weekend, so I'm just getting caught up with your progress. I'm glad you got to get away this weekend and have fun. I hope you can get your surgery out of the way quickly (like, this Friday!). We're still checking up on you and praying fervently for you!! We love you.
Hey Jo! I'm sorry...I'm new to this type of messaging. The "anonymous" message left above was from me.
I hope you had a wonderful day at the zoo Jo! I have yet to personally meet the little girl who shares my birthday but from her pictures I am sure she can make you laugh and smile for a little bit. Remember that you are constantly in our thoughts and we lift you and your family up in prayer.
Hi Jo!
Sending you positive vibes from Minnesota - my family and I have been thinking about you. I was glad to read your last blog entry - it sounds like you're doing a good job of staying positive. You're truly an inspiration. Keep the faith, and know that you're in our thoughts.
Hi Jo!
We love you, we love you!! Hope you are having a great day! Gary and I pray together for you and your family every day. So far, it doesn't seem to have helped your Dad at all(snicker)! (Will I go to the bad place for saying that?)
I'll be waiting to help with the homework via e-mail and cell phone. But, you can always tell the teacher that the zebras ate your homework.
Love You!!
WhoooHooo! Stage 2 and no cancer any place else!! Talked to your mom outside of Menards in St Croix Falls,WI, and had to go home. Now I will have to go back tomorrow! Didn't realize how hard it is to blow your nose with a helmet on, had to use the farmer hankie; two fingers, pinch and fling!
As for money for the procedure, you and Ryan could set up a kissing booth on campus. Ryan shouldn't have any problems with the girls, and we could always hire the football team to convince the guys!!! Love ya doll!
Randy
Hi everyone! My goodness there are a lot of people!
Mrs. Driver- thank you for posting! Even though I've never met you, I have heard wonderful things about you from Brian and my sister. :)
Hi Aunt Kathy and Uncle Randy! Thanks for your posts. I'm still doing good, since I've spoken to you on the phone. Still cracking jokes to the docs. :p
Terri- I have received your cards and the tokens. Thank you so much! I will be carrying them around with me wherever I go. :)Right in my pocket...
Kellie- you're an awesome support for me. Thank you.
Hope and Thyrkas- Thanks for following and being a support to me! Some day I will come up to MN with Ryan, and I will have to meet you to give out hugs of appreciation!
Judy- Wow! I haven't seen you in forever! I hope you are doing well. Thanks for posting. It's nice to know that you are here.
Karen- You're awesome, and I don't even know you that well! hehe.
Connie- Thanks! I hope that Don and Desire are doing well. :) Tell them I say hi!
I hope I got everyone... hehe! You guys make me happy! :)
Post a Comment