Thursday, October 23, 2008

Deep Breath in...

So got back from RMCC today.
I saw Dr. Tanner the radiologist.

They stuck three needles in me to give me permanent tattoos. haha.
More examinations, another CT scan to simulate the treatment.

Also: I will not be able to bear children. I will go into menopause. I will have to take estrogen for the rest of my life. Ovaries will be impacted and possibly the uterus.
There are the results.
6 weeks of radiation and chemo.
Surgery
and then more chemo.

We are seeing if we can do surgery before radiation. However, Dr. Howden stated that he didn't think the second polyup was cancerous. So this may all change back to colon cancer. That way they can make sure what size the tumor is and if lymph nodes are involved. If the tumor is a T2 with no lymph nodes then we do not need to do radiation. That is our only hope. However, we may not be able to go that route.

So.... that's about it. I may post later.

Cheers!

8 comments:

Kathy said...

Jo,

The time I am spending with you now is worth more than the previous 19 years. I am so proud of you. The smiles you give to the nurses, doctors, receptionists and other patients lets them see your inner strength. Your posture shows them you are confident in who you are.

Just remember you WILL survive. I believe we will see God's hand in a miraculous way.

I love you so much, you are the best!

Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Hello my dear! I am so very heartbroken by all of this but know that you are one of the strongest women I have ever met. I am so glad that you have such a strong group of people that are there for you. It is very true that ultimately, you will have to get through this alone but it is also okay to rely on others for the emotional parts. As for the baby situation. Just know that if you ever need eggs or a uterus or whatever, never feel weird about asking me. I know its far down the road to think about but remember that I will be there for anything (and I mean anything) that you need. I look forward to the times that we are going to have laughing and doing fun stuff! Just remember that there still will be times like this, no matter how rare they are, you will still laugh. You will still make jokes. And you will still make crazy animal noises. And you will still smile to yourself. And enjoy the sun on your face. And giggle at your man. And look up to heaven and sing praises... These things do not go away, no matter how tough the situation. So you must live for and focus on these things...

Anonymous said...

Oh, and remember what I said about Kimberly. They put here through a lot of radiation when she was 7 yrs old. They told her she would never have children. So look at the picture of Alyse on the fridge and remember that miracles happen everyday!

Anonymous said...

Jo,

You don't know me, but I am a friend of your aunt Bonnie in MN.
I have been praying for you and your family and am inspired by your faith, hope and grace in the face of all you're going through.
Stay strong and try not to worry because...

-you are chosen by the will of God

-you are saved by the grace of God

-you are held by the love of God

-you are empowered by the spirit of God

-you are guided by the Word of God

-you are protected by the hand of God

Blessings to you,

A friend in Christ

Hope said...

Jo, I wish I could take all this pain and hurt from you. I pray that God will give you the answers soon to what is really going on and what is going to happen.
Thank you for this blog and sharing all that you do it means a lot to me. You are a child of God, and he will show you the light through all this.
I pray that you will be able to have a child some day, and that will be a miracle, but also a special moment for you!
God loves you, and so do I!!

E Driver said...

Jo Jo,
Love this:

Cancer is so limited...
It cannot cripple love.
It cannot shatter hope.
It cannot corrode faith.
It cannot eat away peace.
It cannot destroy confidence.
It cannot kill friendship.
It cannot shut out memories.
It cannot silence courage.
It cannot reduce eternal life.
It cannot quench the Spirit.

Hope said...

Jo, I heard a song on the radio this morning and I thought of you. It's call "YOUR GRACE IS ENOUGH" it's by Matt Maher.

Having God's grace is enough for us, and it helps through those BIG trials we go through like cancer.
I hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend and i'll be thinking, and praying for you and everyone who loves you!!

Love you

Anonymous said...

Jo,
I can not imagine the things that are going through your mind now. God is a healing God and sometimes he does not heal in the way we expect. He knew you before you were born and all things work together for GOOD for those who love the Lord.
I am praying for a miracle for you. Denise was healed of leukemia shortly after she was born. God did not heal her of Downs syndrome; but He uses her daily to reveal His joy and compassion to others.
It is okay to seek other Doctor's opinions. I think we forwarded an e-mail to you about one of our friend's friend who had her ovary tied behind other organs to protect it. She was able to conceive a normal child.
You are on many prayer lists. Thank God for the plan he has for you! God loves you so much and so do I.
Love, Aunt Cindy