~Remember, outward actions reflect the beauty on the inside. Be a beautiful person. Reflect mercy and love toward others but also towards yourself. (Me)~
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Hello!
Hey everyone!
First post going onto my blog. Thanks for visiting the site. I will update hopefully regularly for you. Please continue to pray for Ryan, my family, and I. We greatly appreciate the support and prayers that everyone has given us.
Just wanted to say that I am praying for everyone, and I am asking God that he treat this journey in Jo's life with respect, good fortune, and to make a quick and swift full recovery. Let me know if I can do anything, anything at all!!
Hi Jo, My name is Gretchen and I visited your family in Colorado. I so enjoyed meeting you and am so sorry to hear that you are dealing with this. I am praying for you and will put you on the prayer chain at St. Michael's and also at Via de Cristo. You have many prayer warriors praying for all of you and that's totally awesome. God goes before you, Jo,into each new day and He is closer than your next breath. Ask Him moment by moment for whatever you need and He will supply it. God loves you and so do I!
I am a kernel of wheat, surrounded by the husk of life. Surrounded by fear, a barrier that keeps out the sun.
I have fallen into a crevice in a rock. I lay in a dark and cold place - the only moisture I get is from the heating and cooling of the rock and my tears.
My sunshine passes by only briefly each day - the small crack only allows a sliver of light for a brief time.
I wait for the rain to fall - for the wind to blow so I can find some food - so I can find life.
Without a storm, I will have nothing. I will be left alone, fallen into this crevice with no life.
When my storm comes I will grow - my shell will crack - I will soak up water and place my roots into the dust that has blown into this place. I will continue to seek the sun and light.
I will fight to establish roots into my dark place and cling to the rock. For each storm that passes, I will reach higher, push my roots deeper and grow stronger. I will continue to struggle until I reach the Son and am blessed with light all day long.
4 comments:
Hey Jo, Ryan, and Family,
Just wanted to say that I am praying for everyone, and I am asking God that he treat this journey in Jo's life with respect, good fortune, and to make a quick and swift full recovery. Let me know if I can do anything, anything at all!!
Love you guys,
-Travis
Thanks Travis! I appreciate your support in all of this. I hope your life is going well...
Hi Jo, My name is Gretchen and I visited your family in Colorado. I so enjoyed meeting you and am so sorry to hear that you are dealing with this. I am praying for you and will put you on the prayer chain at St. Michael's and also at Via de Cristo. You have many prayer warriors praying for all of you and that's totally awesome. God goes before you, Jo,into each new day and He is closer than your next breath. Ask Him moment by moment for whatever you need and He will supply it. God loves you and so do I!
Scattered Seed:
I am a kernel of wheat, surrounded by the husk of life. Surrounded by fear, a barrier that keeps out the sun.
I have fallen into a crevice in a rock. I lay in a dark and cold place - the only moisture I get is from the heating and cooling of the rock and my tears.
My sunshine passes by only briefly each day - the small crack only allows a sliver of light for a brief time.
I wait for the rain to fall - for the wind to blow so I can find some food - so I can find life.
Without a storm, I will have nothing. I will be left alone, fallen into this crevice with no life.
When my storm comes I will grow - my shell will crack - I will soak up water and place my roots into the dust that has blown into this place. I will continue to seek the sun and light.
I will fight to establish roots into my dark place and cling to the rock. For each storm that passes, I will reach higher, push my roots deeper and grow stronger. I will continue to struggle until I reach the Son and am blessed with light all day long.
Peace.
Post a Comment